Welp, you know what they say – better late than never!
Yeah I am a little late on this month’s box since it’s almost over, but I mean, it’s not September yet so I’m still technically on time…right?
This month’s play box was all about The Eye Openers – everything you need for your eyes to look their absolute best! And let me tell you, I am all about this month’s theme cause my eyes def need some TLC.
Here’s what I got:
- MUFE Artist Shadow in I-544 – OMG this color is sooo perfect for those transitional fall looks. I love the deep purple/brown granite shade and I really like the pink pigment in it as well! The color is extremely saturated and opaque so a little goes a long way!
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – With the slogan of, “Bigger. Blacker. Badder.” I was expecting this va-va-voom mascara to make my lashes look bad ass, and well, I was slightly disappointed. If you guys have been following me since the beginning, y’all know I love my rubber bristle spiky mascara brushes so I mean, maybe I’m just biased and I wasn’t really feeling this one. I will say that my lashes look nice and long – definitely no issues in the length department, but I wanted more volume and thickness!
- Clean Reserve Dry Cotton – This perfume straight up smells like the freshest cleanest laundry I have ever smelled in all my 26 years of life. Like, it legit smells like cotton linens. This says it’s a perfume but man, I’m going to use it as a room spray, clothes spray, sneaker spray, car spray, an everything spray. It smells so fresh and so clean, clean. I’m just not gonna wear it directly on my body,haha.
- Lancome Energie de Vie Smoothing & Glowing Liquid Care Moisturizer – Even though I have shiny, oily skin, I really liked this to make my skin feel quenched and hydrated. It’s more of a gel consistency and color, but it is marked as a liquid lotion – so it’s not as thick as a moisturizer, but it’s also not as light as an essence. My face felt nice and glowy after using it!
- Algenist Eye Renewal Balm – This is probably my favorite thing in the box! This eye cream is so hydrating, it pretty much lasts all day. No one really wears makeup at my job, so I have gotten braver with not wearing it everyday and so I just apply this under my eyes in the morning and I swear by the time I get home from work, I can feel like balm still there keeping my under-eyes less puffy and dark.
- Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil 12 HR Wear Waterproof Eyeliner in Love Affair – This impressed me a lot because as soon as I swatched it, I ran my finger over it to see if it would smear and it actually didn’t! This color matched the eyeshade very well and it’s such a nice deep purple shade. Unfortunately, all dark liners look black on me so you won’t really be able to see the color, but I will use this nonetheless.
That’s all I got in my August box! This is only my second Play! box and I have to say that I am loving it so far! I am definitely looking forward to next month’s box!
Thank you so much for reading! Please be sure to like, comment, and follow if you enjoyed!