Guess which girl signed up for Play! by Sephora subscription boxes?
I’m so excited to get to have a chance to try this box, cause I have been eyeing for it forever. I originally got my “invitation” email last year after signing up to be on the waiting list, but I was doing Birchbox at the same time so I decided to pass on it. I definitely regretted that decision so when I signed up for the waiting list again, I received an email a month later and you bet your booty I signed up!
I originally had a six month Bircbox subscription and while I liked it, I realized I wasn’t a fan of getting hand creams and lotions that smelled like grandma all the time, haha. I definitely suggest trying Birchbox out to get your own opinion on it, but if you don’t keep up with like, picking your item of the month and customizing your box (I didn’t, I was too lazy) and if you aren’t too keen on newer brands (new to me, that is. I hadn’t heard of half the brands I received before), then maybe try to get on the waiting list for the Play! by Sephora subscription! You get six deluxe beauty samples for only $10 a month and I love my first box so far! (and I like how they bill you each month instead of an upfront cost for all your boxes)
Here’s what was in my first box!
- Nest Fragrance in Citrine – OMG this smells so good! I didn’t think I would be able to love another smell besides the Versace Bright Crystal, but this smells just like a more citrusy (duh) version! I don’t wanna say it smells more mature cause that’s not it at all, it just smells like Bright Crystal’s older sister, haha.
- First Aid Beauty Deep Cleanser with Red Clay – I’ve heard such good things about the Red Clay line from FAB, I already love FAB for their moisturizers and eye creams, so this was perfect for me to try. I could definitely tell it got all the gunk off my face and left my face feelings nice and smooth and clean.
- Beauty Blender Blotterazzi – Now this was something completely new for me. I mean, I’ve heard of oil blotting sheets, but an oil blotting piece of like, sponge-foam?? It’s supposed to help smoothing away any cracks or cakeiness on your foundation and help keep you shine/oil-free. I tried this when I got home, and just like, dabbed it on my face and my makeup ended up dabbing off on it..maybe I’m not doing it right, I’m gonna like, figure out how to keep it in my bag without contaminating it and give another try.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer – Already have this and am happy to receive a little sample one! This primer feels like velvet on my skin and I prefer this one during the summer as opposed to the Photo Finish since the Pore Minimizer is like, super heavy duty when combating oils.
- Ouai Wave Spray – Soo, wave sprays never work out for me so I never purchase them anymore. I haven’t tried it yet, but I have heard of amazing things about the Ouai line and hopefully this well help me get those tousled, effortless beach waves.
- Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in Chocolate – I already have this as well and this little sample size will be perfect for traveling and will probably last me awhile. I love the Chocolate Bronzers, they smell SO good and the pigment is nice for an olive-tone like mine. I really like using this shade to contour my nose!
I am so happy I signed up for Sephora Play! They have more products I am interested in trying and I don’t have to log-in every month to customize it! So effortless and I’m excited for my next box! Let me know what you guys think of subscription boxes, like, which is your favorite one?
Thanks for reading! Be sure to like, comment, and follow if you enjoyed!!
Let’s be friends on Insta! I’ll follow you back @lasheyedbeauty